tiles-users mailing list archives

From <Nilakandan.V...@cognizant.com>
Subject Error rendering tile java.lang.NullPointerException
Date Thu, 25 Mar 2010 15:12:05 GMT
Hi,

Components: tiles-api, tiles-core, tiles-jsp (jsp support)

>    Affects Versions: 2.0.5

>         Environment: Weblogic10.3, JDK1.6.X, Myfaces1.2.5, Tomahawk
1.1.9, Richfaces3.3.2, tiles2.0.5

> I'm getting the following exception when i try to access my
application.

> I have recently updated the following components in my application

> weblogic8.1 to weblogic 10.3

> myfaces 1.1.5 to 1.2.5

> richfaces 3.0.1 to 3.3.2

> tomahawk  1.1.5 to 1.1.9

> struts tiles to Tiles core - api-  jsp 2.0.5 Mar 25, 2010 7:47:14 PM

> org.ajax4jsf.webapp.BaseFilter checkMyFacesExtensionsFilter

> WARNING: MyFaces Extensions Filter should be configured to execute

> *AFTER* RichFaces filter. Refer to SRV.6.2.4 section of Servlets
specification on how to achieve that.

> Mar 25, 2010 7:47:14 PM

> org.apache.myfaces.shared_tomahawk.config.MyfacesConfig

> getBooleanInitParameter

> INFO: No context init parameter

> 'org.apache.myfaces.READONLY_AS_DISABLED_FOR_SELECTS' found, using

> default value true Mar 25, 2010 7:47:14 PM

> org.apache.myfaces.shared_tomahawk.config.MyfacesConfig

> getBooleanInitParameter

> INFO: No context init parameter

> 'org.apache.myfaces.RENDER_VIEWSTATE_ID' found, using default value

> true Mar 25, 2010 7:47:14 PM

> org.apache.myfaces.shared_tomahawk.config.MyfacesConfig

> getBooleanInitParameter

> INFO: No context init parameter

> 'org.apache.myfaces.STRICT_XHTML_LINKS' found, using default value

> true Mar 25, 2010 7:47:14 PM

> org.apache.myfaces.shared_tomahawk.config.MyfacesConfig

> getLongInitParameter

> INFO: No context init parameter

> 'org.apache.myfaces.CONFIG_REFRESH_PERIOD' found, using default value

> 2 Mar 25, 2010 7:47:14 PM

> org.apache.myfaces.shared_tomahawk.config.MyfacesConfig

> getStringInitParameter

> INFO: No context init parameter

> 'org.apache.myfaces.RESOURCE_VIRTUAL_PATH' found, using default value

> /faces/myFacesExte nsionResource Mar 25, 2010 7:47:14 PM

> org.apache.myfaces.shared_tomahawk.config.MyfacesConfig

> createAndInitializeMyFacesConfig

> INFO: Starting up Tomahawk on the MyFaces-JSF-Implementation Mar 25,

> 2010 7:47:14 PM org.apache.tiles.impl.BasicTilesContainer render

> SEVERE: Error rendering tile

> java.lang.NullPointerException

>         at
org.apache.tiles.servlet.context.ServletTilesRequestContext.forward(Serv
letTilesRequestContext.java:198)

>         at
org.apache.tiles.servlet.context.ServletTilesRequestContext.dispatch(Ser
vletTilesRequestContext.java:185)

>         at
org.apache.tiles.impl.BasicTilesContainer.render(BasicTilesContainer.jav
a:419)

>         at
org.apache.tiles.impl.BasicTilesContainer.render(BasicTilesContainer.jav
a:370)

>         at

> org.apache.myfaces.tomahawk.application.jsp.JspTilesTwoViewHandlerImpl

> .renderTilesView(JspTilesTwoViewHandler

> Impl.java:124)

>         at
org.apache.myfaces.tomahawk.application.jsp.JspTilesTwoViewHandlerImpl.r
enderView(JspTilesTwoViewHandlerImpl.

> java:110)

>         at
org.ajax4jsf.application.ViewHandlerWrapper.renderView(ViewHandlerWrappe
r.java:100)

>         at
org.ajax4jsf.application.AjaxViewHandler.renderView(AjaxViewHandler.java
:176)

>         at
org.apache.myfaces.lifecycle.RenderResponseExecutor.execute(RenderRespon
seExecutor.java:41)

>         at
org.apache.myfaces.lifecycle.LifecycleImpl.render(LifecycleImpl.java:140
)

>         at
javax.faces.webapp.FacesServlet.service(FacesServlet.java:155)

>         at
weblogic.servlet.internal.StubSecurityHelper$ServletServiceAction.run(St
ubSecurityHelper.java:227)

>         at
weblogic.servlet.internal.StubSecurityHelper.invokeServlet(StubSecurityH
elper.java:125)

>         at
weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletStubImpl.execute(ServletStubImpl.java:2
92)

>         at
weblogic.servlet.internal.TailFilter.doFilter(TailFilter.java:26)

>         at
weblogic.servlet.internal.FilterChainImpl.doFilter(FilterChainImpl.java:
42)

>         at
org.ajax4jsf.webapp.BaseXMLFilter.doXmlFilter(BaseXMLFilter.java:178)

>         at
org.ajax4jsf.webapp.BaseFilter.handleRequest(BaseFilter.java:290)

>         at
org.ajax4jsf.webapp.BaseFilter.processUploadsAndHandleRequest(BaseFilter
.java:388)

>         at
org.ajax4jsf.webapp.BaseFilter.doFilter(BaseFilter.java:515)

>         at
weblogic.servlet.internal.FilterChainImpl.doFilter(FilterChainImpl.java:
42)

>         at
com.pfizer.pgrd.like.ui.utils.ExceptionFilter.doFilter(ExceptionFilter.j
ava:45)

>         at
weblogic.servlet.internal.FilterChainImpl.doFilter(FilterChainImpl.java:
42)

>         at
org.apache.myfaces.webapp.filter.ExtensionsFilter.doFilter(ExtensionsFil
ter.java:384)

>         at
weblogic.servlet.internal.FilterChainImpl.doFilter(FilterChainImpl.java:
42)

>         at
com.pfizer.pgrd.like.ui.utils.SecurityFilter.doFilter(SecurityFilter.jav
a:92)

>         at
weblogic.servlet.internal.FilterChainImpl.doFilter(FilterChainImpl.java:
42)

>         at
weblogic.servlet.internal.WebAppServletContext$ServletInvocationAction.r
un(WebAppServletContext.java:3496)

>         at
weblogic.security.acl.internal.AuthenticatedSubject.doAs(AuthenticatedSu
bject.java:321)

>         at weblogic.security.service.SecurityManager.runAs(Unknown
Source)

>         at
weblogic.servlet.internal.WebAppServletContext.securedExecute(WebAppServ
letContext.java:2180)

>         at
weblogic.servlet.internal.WebAppServletContext.execute(WebAppServletCont
ext.java:2086)

>         at
weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletRequestImpl.run(ServletRequestImpl.java
:1406)

> [...]

bject.java:321)

>         at weblogic.security.service.SecurityManager.runAs(Unknown
Source)

>         at
weblogic.servlet.internal.WebAppServletContext.securedExecute(WebAppServ
letContext.java:2180)

>         at
weblogic.servlet.internal.WebAppServletContext.execute(WebAppServletCont
ext.java:2086)

>         at
weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletRequestImpl.run(ServletRequestImpl.java
:1406)

>         at weblogic.work.ExecuteThread.execute(ExecuteThread.java:201)

>         at weblogic.work.ExecuteThread.run(ExecuteThread.java:173)

> Caused by: org.apache.tiles.TilesException

>         at
org.apache.tiles.impl.BasicTilesContainer.render(BasicTilesContainer.jav
a:427)

>         at
org.apache.tiles.impl.BasicTilesContainer.render(BasicTilesContainer.jav
a:370)

>         at

> org.apache.myfaces.tomahawk.application.jsp.JspTilesTwoViewHandlerImpl

> .renderTilesView(JspTilesTwoViewHandler

> Impl.java:124)

>         ... 30 more

>         at
org.apache.tiles.servlet.context.ServletTilesRequestContext.forward(Serv
letTilesRequestContext.java:198)

>         at
org.apache.tiles.servlet.context.ServletTilesRequestContext.dispatch(Ser
vletTilesRequestContext.java:185)

>         at
org.apache.tiles.impl.BasicTilesContainer.render(BasicTilesContainer.jav
a:419)

>         ... 32 more

> can anyone pls let me know the root cause for this issue.

> Thanks,

> Nila

all copies of the original message.
this email or any action taken in reliance on this e-mail is strictly prohibited and may be
unlawful.