tiles-users mailing list archives

From Antonio Petrelli <antonio.petre...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Logging Issue with Tiles 2.1.3
Date Thu, 18 Feb 2010 14:30:55 GMT
2010/2/18 Andreas <icyerasor@yahoo.ca>:
> we recently migrated from Spring 2.5.6 and Tiles 2.0.5 to Spring 3.0 and Tiles 2.1.3.

First of all try using Tiles 2.1.4.

> With Spring 3.0 and Tiles 2.1.3 i only get fewer information and i only get them within
the TOMCAT_HOME/logs/localhost_XX.log:

> SEVERE: Servlet.service() for servlet jsp threw exception
> javax.el.PropertyNotFoundException: Property 'test2' not found on type org.whatever.blah.something
>        at javax.el.BeanELResolver$BeanProperties.get(BeanELResolver.java:193)
>        at javax.el.BeanELResolver$BeanProperties.access$400(BeanELResolver.java:170)
>        at javax.el.BeanELResolver.property(BeanELResolver.java:279)
>
> Probably a tiles issue. I could imagine that tiles catches the exception that happened
within a tile without re-throwing the exception.

Not necessarily, probably Tiles simply does not take care of the
exception as it did (probably) in 2.0.x.
And a longer stack trace does not mean that it is better (in your case
it is an EL error in a JSP page, Tiles is not involved).
However feel free to create a JIRA issue attaching a test case (a
Maven war project would be great).

Antonio