tiles-users mailing list archives

From Todd Nine <todd.n...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Help with inserting title pages on dynamic template construction
Date Mon, 30 Nov 2009 06:25:05 GMT
Hi Antonio,
  This is turning out to be a rough one!  When I run in debug mode, my tiles
container is an instance of a BasicTilesContainer.  Within that instance, my
evaluator is an instance of the class
org.apache.tiles.evaluator.el.ELAttributeEvaluator@1a543937.  From what I'm
looking at everything looks exactly as it should.  I'm running on Google App
Engine version 1.2.6, but I haven't seen anyone else with the problem.
Maybe I'm doing something wrong in my templates( it seems to be the only
thing left).

Here's what's in my default.jsp template for inserting the page title.

<title><tiles:getAsString name="title" ignore="true"/></title>

Then, I have this in my default.xml layout.

    <definition name="*/*" template="/WEB-INF/views/layouts/default.jsp">
        <put-attribute name="title" value="${pageTitle}"/>
        <put-attribute name="header" value="/WEB-INF/views/tiles/header.jsp"
/>
        <put-attribute name="menu" value="/WEB-INF/views/tiles/menu.jsp" />
        <!--<put-attribute name="body" value="/WEB-INF/views/parts/list.jsp"
/>-->
        <put-attribute name="footer" value="/WEB-INF/views/tiles/footer.jsp"
/>
    </definition>

Finally, I have this in the edit.jsp, which is inserted dynamically as the
source for the "body" tile definition..

<c:set var="pageTitle" value="Update Part Title"/>

Thanks,
Todd

https://issues.apache.org/struts/browse/TILES-489