tiles-users mailing list archives

From Antonio Petrelli <antonio.petre...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Preparing Data for Tiles when used with Spring
Date Thu, 29 Oct 2009 11:42:57 GMT
2009/10/29 anyz <anyz111@gmail.com>:
> Thanks a lot. Your comments are very helpful. I believe with view data you
> mean that is kind of static data not tied to business logic. For example
> menus soemtime are dependent on Roles  and/or business rules. In that case
> menus should also be loaded from controller. Is it correct?

In fact I believe that menus are *always* view data. Even if they are
dependent on business rules, they should loaded where they belong as
they do not make sense in other parts of the page.
Obviously IMHO. Ask your project leader (if you're not him/her :-D )
because this is an interesting point of discussion.

Antonio