tiles-users mailing list archives

From Brian Stewart <Brian.Stew...@ahom.com>
Subject RE: Tiles Definition Files From a Jar
Date Fri, 23 Oct 2009 14:02:57 GMT
I tried using the wildcard instructions.  The project compiles and the server starts, so I
assume that the definitions are available.  However, Struts2 doesn't seem to see them.  This
is the case whether I use "classpath:" or not.  When I run in debug mode, I see that the action
class is returning "SUCCESS", but then throwing an exception in the interceptor when trying
to find its next destination (which is defined as a tiles destination.)

Here is my configuration...
	<!--====================================-->
	<!-- Context Parameters                 -->
	<!--====================================-->
	<context-param>
	    <param-name>org.apache.tiles.context.AbstractTilesApplicationContextFactory</param-name>
	    <param-value>
	      org.apache.tiles.servlet.context.wildcard.WildcardServletTilesApplicationContextFactory
	    </param-value>
	</context-param>
	<context-param>
		<param-name>org.apache.tiles.definition.DefinitionsFactory.DEFINITIONS_CONFIG</param-name>
		<param-value>
			/WEB-INF/classes/config/tiles/tiles-common-default.xml, /WEB-INF/classes/config/tiles/tiles-ar-security.xml,
/WEB-INF/classes/config/tiles/tiles-ar-search.xml
        </param-value>
	</context-param>

	<!--====================================-->
	<!-- Filters/Mappings                   -->
	<!--====================================-->
    <filter>
        <filter-name>struts2</filter-name>
        <filter-class>org.apache.struts2.dispatcher.FilterDispatcher</filter-class>
    </filter>
    <filter-mapping>
        <filter-name>struts2</filter-name>
        <url-pattern>*</url-pattern>
    </filter-mapping>

	<!--====================================-->
	<!-- Listeners                          -->
	<!--====================================-->
    <listener>
		<listener-class>org.apache.tiles.web.startup.TilesListener</listener-class>
	</listener>

	<!--===================================-->
	<!-- DEPENDENCIES FROM IVY.XML         -->
	<!--===================================-->

		<dependency org="org.apache.struts" name="struts2-core" rev="2.1.8"/>
		<dependency org="org.apache.struts" name="struts2-tiles-plugin" rev="2.1.8"/>

		<dependency org="org.springframework" name="spring-web" rev="2.5.6.SEC01">
			<exclude org="javax.jms" name="jms" ext="jar"/>
			<exclude org="com.sun.jdmk" name="jmxtools" ext="jar"/>
			<exclude org="com.sun.jmx" name="jmxri" ext="jar"/>
			<exclude org="javax.faces" name="jsf-api" ext="jar"/>
		</dependency>

		<dependency org="jstl" name="jstl" rev="1.1.2"/>

As far as the war goes, there is another webapp that serves up common components which I could
give other apps access to.  I was thinking maybe I could access the configuration as a uri
from that webapp.

I'm going to try using Ant to pull common components into the application from a template
project (pre-deployment) and then have tiles/struts reference them locally.  That should work.

Regards,
Brian