tiles-users mailing list archives

From Johannes Kuhs <excur...@yahoo.de>
Subject lnherit and extend attribute value
Date Mon, 12 Oct 2009 14:30:03 GMT
Hi all,

I was wondering if there is a way to inherit the value of an attribute and to extend it with
new content. Basically, I’m looking for something like inherit=”true” for list-attributes
but for normal attributes.

Following is a quick example of what I would like to do:

Initialization in /WEB-INF/tiles-defs.xml:

<definition name=" test.definition" template="/layouts/classic.jsp">
    <put-attribute name="title" value="Initial title value" />
</definition>

Inherit and extend in /test.jsp, note inherit=”true” in the <putAttribute> tag (which
does not work but I think it shows what I want to achieve):

<tiles:insertDefinition name="test.definition">
  <tiles:putAttribute name="title" inherit=”true”>
      --This text gets appended to the initial value of the title attribute
  </tiles:putAttribute>
</tiles:insertDefinition>

Now, when inserting the attribute with the following code:

<tiles:insertAttribute name="title"/>

The following title should be displayed:
Initial title value--This text gets appended to the initial value of the title attribute

Is there any way to achieve this with Tiles? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!
John