tiles-users mailing list archives

From excurser <excur...@yahoo.de>
Subject Re: lnherit and extend attribute value
Date Mon, 19 Oct 2009 17:35:56 GMT
On Thu, Oct 15, 2009 at 3:05 AM, Antonio Petrelli
<antonio.petrelli@gmail.com> wrote:
> 2009/10/13 Johannes Kuhs <johannes.kuhs@gmail.com>:
>> Yes, the lists inheritance is great and using it would definitely
>> work. However, I would need to implement lists for all attributes in
>> order to keep the application flexible enough to handle inheritance
>> when needed without having to make changes to the Tiles definition. I
>> was hoping for a more elegant solution that somehow works with normal
>> (non-list) attributes.
>
> In fact there is another option.
> Instead of putting a simple JSP as an attribute, put a definition that
> inserts a list of attributes, as mentioned in the previous e-mail.
> Do you think it is "elegant" enough? :-D
>
> Antonio

Hi Antonio,

Sorry for the late reply. I'm not sure how your suggested solution
would look like. Could you give me an example? My goal is to have a
"universal" way to inherit and extend the value/content of an existing
attribute.

Thank you for all your help!