tiles-users mailing list archives

From Antonio Petrelli <antonio.petre...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: help jsf+tiles
Date Thu, 03 Sep 2009 08:24:40 GMT
2009/9/2 bejaoui zied <bejaouizied@hotmail.com>:
>  <servlet-name>TilesServet</servlet-name>
>  <servlet-class>org.apache.struts.tiles.TilesServlet</servlet-class>
>  <init-param>
>   <param-name>myTilesConfigFile</param-name>
>   <param-value>/WEB-INF/myTilesConfigFile.xml</param-value>
>  </init-param>
>  <load-on-startup>2</load-on-startup>
> </servlet>

This is plain wrong if you are using Tiles 2. For a right configuration see:
http://tiles.apache.org/2.1/framework/tutorial/configuration.html

> I am using struts 2

What exact version?
> and jsf implementation is supported by netbeans I guess.

I suppose that it is the Sun's reference implementation. What version of JSF?

> What is tiles view render?

Sorry, i meant Tiles view *handler*. This is the doc about integrating Tiles 1:
http://wiki.apache.org/myfaces/Tiles_and_JSF
The version that *might* work with Tiles 2 is this:
http://svn.eu.apache.org/repos/asf/myfaces/tomahawk/tags/1_1_9/core/src/main/java/org/apache/myfaces/tomahawk/application/jsp/JspTilesTwoViewHandlerImpl.java
Sincerely, I don't know if it works.

Antonio