tiles-users mailing list archives

From bejaoui zied <bejaouiz...@hotmail.com>
Subject RE: help jsf+tiles
Date Thu, 03 Sep 2009 08:48:33 GMT

Hi Antonio Thanks for your email,

So what I have found in your link is similair to what I have in my web.xml file:

<servlet>
  <servlet-name>TilesServet</servlet-name>
  <servlet-class>org.apache.tiles.web.startup.TilesServlet</servlet-class>
  <init-param>
   <param-name>myTilesConfigFile</param-name>
   <param-value>/WEB-INF/myTilesConfigFile.xml</param-value>
  </init-param>
  <load-on-startup>2</load-on-startup>
</servlet>

and

<listener>
     <listener-class>org.apache.tiles.web.startup.TilesListener</listener-class>

     </listener>

My tiles are actually working fine the only thing is that I want to use a jsf file as a body
of tiles definition as mentioned in my first mail, however the JSF files is not showing up,
is there any configuration to be done in order to be able to use JSF files as a part of the
tiles definition?

Thanks.

ZIED BEJAOUI
Tel: 0044(0)7506628905

> Date: Thu, 3 Sep 2009 10:24:40 +0200
> Subject: Re: help jsf+tiles
> From: antonio.petrelli@gmail.com
> To: users@tiles.apache.org
>
> 2009/9/2 bejaoui zied <bejaouizied@hotmail.com>:
> >  <servlet-name>TilesServet</servlet-name>
> >  <servlet-class>org.apache.struts.tiles.TilesServlet</servlet-class>
> >  <init-param>
> >   <param-name>myTilesConfigFile</param-name>
> >   <param-value>/WEB-INF/myTilesConfigFile.xml</param-value>
> >  </init-param>
> >  <load-on-startup>2</load-on-startup>
> > </servlet>
>
> This is plain wrong if you are using Tiles 2. For a right configuration see:
> http://tiles.apache.org/2.1/framework/tutorial/configuration.html
>
> > I am using struts 2
>
> What exact version?
> > and jsf implementation is supported by netbeans I guess.
>
> I suppose that it is the Sun's reference implementation. What version of JSF?
>
> > What is tiles view render?
>
> Sorry, i meant Tiles view *handler*. This is the doc about integrating Tiles 1:
> http://wiki.apache.org/myfaces/Tiles_and_JSF
> The version that *might* work with Tiles 2 is this:
> http://svn.eu.apache.org/repos/asf/myfaces/tomahawk/tags/1_1_9/core/src/main/java/org/apache/myfaces/tomahawk/application/jsp/JspTilesTwoViewHandlerImpl.java
> Sincerely, I don't know if it works.
>
> Antonio

A la recherche de bons plans pour une rentrée pas chère ? Bing ! Trouvez !
http://www.bing.com/search?q=bons+plans+rentr%C3%A9e&form=MVDE6