tiles-users mailing list archives

From Antonio Petrelli <antonio.petre...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Issues while reusing the old tags- Please help
Date Mon, 06 Jul 2009 07:49:00 GMT
2009/7/6 Roshni Basu <roshniblr@gmail.com>:

>  Does it mean that using tiles-compat.jar we can only use the old definitions
> i.e the xml files (tiles-compat.jar in my case)and we are supposed to change
> the jsp's with the tiles2 tags? Cannot we  use the tiles1 tags in jsps?

Nope. This was a hard choice at the time of development. I was going
to create a tag layer that would be compatible with Tiles 1, but, in
fact, I would have to write *deliberately* bad code.
So you have to migrate at least the JSP part. It is not hard to do,
the page that I sent you should be enough.

Antonio