tiles-users mailing list archives

From Roshni Basu <roshni...@gmail.com>
Subject Issue with putAttribute tag
Date Mon, 06 Jul 2009 10:51:01 GMT

I have a jsp, Template1.jsp  in which I'm trying to use the new tiles2 tag
for the following pice of code,
  <tiles:put name="formButtonsTop" beanName="formButtonsTop"
beanScope="tile"/>
The modified piece of code is
 <tiles:putAttribute name="formButtonsTop" value="${formButtonsTop}"/>

I am getting the following exception:
Error importing attributes. Attribute 'formButtonsTop' has a null value
at
org.apache.jasper.runtime.PageContextImpl.doHandlePageException(PageContextImpl.java:858)
at
org.apache.jasper.runtime.PageContextImpl.handlePageException(PageContextImpl.java:791)
at
org.apache.jsp.framework.templates.MasterBody2_jsp._jspService(MasterBody2_jsp.java:212)
at org.apache.jasper.runtime.HttpJspBase.service(HttpJspBase.java:97)

Template1.jsp is being used by another jsp in which if I use
<tiles:putAttribute name="formButtonsTop" value="true"/>

Then I do not see any problem. How to handle such problem?