tiles-users mailing list archives

From Vibhore Anant <vibhore_an...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Support for reloading/refreshing Tile Definitions
Date Mon, 04 May 2009 20:19:02 GMT
Antonio,

Seems that the parameters I am trying to set in web.xml file have no effect at all.  What's
even stranger is that if I misspell the parameter name, the server still starts up correctly,
without any complaints.  If I do the same thing when I specify the DefinitionsReader parameter,
the server fails to startup and throws errors about missing parameter.

Anyhow, here is my entry for the web.xml file:
<servlet id="Servlet_tiles">
     <servlet-name>tiles</servlet-name>
        <servlet-class>org.apache.tiles.web.startup.TilesServlet</servlet-class>
       <init-param>
     <param-name>
       org.apache.tiles.factory.AbstractTilesContainerFactory
      </param-name>
      <param-value>
       com.bluemartini.artisa.tiles.DbTilesContainerFactory
      </param-value>
     </init-param>
<init-param>
            <param-name>
              org.apache.tiles.definition.DefinitionsFactory
            </param-name>
            <param-value>
              org.apache.tiles.definition.LocaleDefinitionsFactory
            </param-value>
        </init-param>
        <load-on-startup>4</load-on-startup>
            </servlet>

And I still see the WRONG Definitions factory in my logs:

2009-05-04 16:13:52,453 DEBUG [[ACTIVE] ExecuteThread: '0' for queue: 'weblogic.
kernel.Default (self-tuning)'] UrlDefinitionsFactory - Updating Tiles definitions. . .

It just seems that the parameters are not being picked up, or being ignored.  So the solution
of using the LocaleDefinitionsFactory in the parameter explicitly does not work.  I dont
think I should need to do this anyway - if the code in my custom TilesContainerFactory gets
executed correctly, the LocaleDefinitionsFactory will be created automatically, right?

protected LocaleDefinitionsFactory instantiateDefinitionsFactory(
Object context, TilesApplicationContext applicationContext,
TilesRequestContextFactory contextFactory, LocaleResolver resolver) {
return new LocaleDefinitionsFactory();
}

So again, the problem remains that the org.apache.tiles.factory.AbstractTilesContainerFactory
parameter is not taking effect in the web.xml file.

Any further ideas?

Vibhore