tiles-users mailing list archives

From Anton Gavazuk <antongava...@gmail.com>
Subject JSF & Tiles 2.1.*
Date Tue, 17 Feb 2009 22:10:52 GMT
Hi all,
I have an application which is configured and works fine with Tiles 2.0.*,

tried to migrate to Tiles 2.1.0 release and got exception during Tiles
container initialization

org.apache.tiles.factory.TilesContainerFactory

protected static Object createFactory(Map<String, String> configuration,
            String initParameterName) {
        String factoryName = resolveFactoryName(configuration,
initParameterName);
        return ClassUtil.instantiate(factoryName);
    }

factoryName was null for initParameterName =
org.apache.tiles.factory.TilesContainerFactory
, because it was not configured in my web.xml file, and it caused
NullPointerException - previous version doesnt require such param.

Anyway I put in context such value (not sure if its right)
<param-name>org.apache.tiles.factory.TilesContainerFactory</param-name>
<param-value>org.apache.tiles.factory.KeyedDefinitionsFactoryTilesContainerFactory</param-value>

but now I'm getting another exception:

Caused by: org.apache.tiles.definition.DefinitionsFactoryException: Unable to pa
rse definitions from /WEB-INF/tile-defs/tiles.xml,/WEB-INF/tile-defs/tiles-admin
.xml,
         /WEB-INF/tile-defs/tiles-common.xml,/WEB-INF/tile-defs/tiles-net.xml,
         /WEB-INF/tile-defs/tiles-reports.xml,/WEB-INF/tile-defs/tiles-hotel.xml

        at org.apache.tiles.definition.dao.BaseLocaleUrlDefinitionDAO.identifySo
urces(BaseLocaleUrlDefinitionDAO.java:217)
Caused by: java.net.MalformedURLException: Path
         /WEB-INF/tile-defs/tiles-common.xml does not start with a "/" character

        at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationContext.getResource(ApplicationCo
ntext.java:457)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationContextFacade.getResource(Applica
tionContextFacade.java:176)
        at org.apache.tiles.servlet.context.ServletTilesApplicationContext.getRe
source(ServletTilesApplicationContext.java:100)
        at org.apache.tiles.servlet.context.ServletTilesApplicationContext.getRe
sources(ServletTilesApplicationContext.java:106)
        at org.apache.tiles.definition.dao.BaseLocaleUrlDefinitionDAO.identifySo
urces(BaseLocaleUrlDefinitionDAO.java:188)

What is wrong with this? Is it my fault?

Thanks,
Anton