tiles-users mailing list archives

From Ignacio de Córdoba <icord...@skios.es>
Subject Re: How to include a SimpleMenuItem bean in tiles:addAttribute in struts2
Date Tue, 03 Feb 2009 12:52:40 GMT

Thanks for your advice Antonio,
my problem if coding is that I'd have to make a preparer for every tile, or
a complex conditions scenario in java code to make it include different
breadcrums in each tile. Anyway, my main matter is that I compile my actions
and reuse them in different projects. Coding breadcrums/path there means I
cannot change action paths in different projects. I need to embeed path
information in the jsp page it self because I only know the path of the
action of a project right there; in the page.
After developing more Tiles these days I am hating this "duplicated" EL+OGNL
environment where standard EL is old and too simple, with no interest from
SUN to upgrade it (How old is JSTL 1.1 ¿4 years without any change?) while
OGNL is not directly supported in pages (can't just write %{shatever} as we
can ${}).

Ignacio