tiles-users mailing list archives

From Antonio Petrelli <antonio.petre...@gmail.com>
Subject Tiles configuration (WAS: Re: StackOverflow with EL)
Date Sun, 25 Jan 2009 17:39:18 GMT
2009/1/24 Nicolas LE BAS <mail@nlebas.net>:
> Antonio Petrelli wrote:
>>
>> 2009/1/23 Nicolas LE BAS <mail@nlebas.net>:
> From your statement above, and from this page
> (http://tiles.apache.org/framework/tutorial/configuration.html#Pure_Java_configuration)
> I understand that the PITA is to have to put stuff in web.xml.

Right.

> Concerning the ability to declare Tiles Definitions in a single place (XML
> files like tiles-def.xml), outside the main java/jsp code, I believe that's
> the best thing in tiles.

I am not talking about the Tiles definition files, but Tiles
configuration/customization. IMHO Tiles definition files are simply a
definitions store, not configuration. They are like DB entries, so
they can stay in an XML file, it's just a way of storing them.
So I think that there is indeed a misunderstanding :-D

Antonio