tiles-users mailing list archives

From Nicolas LE BAS <m...@nlebas.net>
Subject Re: How to include a SimpleMenuItem bean in tiles:addAttribute in struts2
Date Fri, 30 Jan 2009 08:55:02 GMT
As per JSP syntax, you can't use a tag inside a tag attribute (even if
struts 1 allows it). You could try with EL (something like <s:bean
id="xyz" ...></s:bean><s:set scope="page" name="abc"
value="#xyz"/><tiles:addAttribute value="${abc}"/>).

But IMHO it won't work: <tiles:addAttribute> can only add strings,
definitions or templates.

AFAIK, you can't define menus using taglibs in the current version of
tiles 2. You have to use tiles-def.xml for that.

Hope this helps
Nick