tiles-users mailing list archives

From Nicolas LE BAS <m...@nlebas.net>
Subject Re: Tiles 2.1 with JSF 1.2 - definition update
Date Sat, 03 Jan 2009 12:00:03 GMT
Hello,

I'm not any good with the Java API for Tiles, but since you're using the
amazing Tiles 2.1, why not use:

request.setAttribute("left", "/WEB-INF/tiles/new.jsp");

and reference it with "${left}" in the tiles definition ? (instead of
the code below)

Besides, perhaps the JSF view is not rendered for reasons unrelated to
tiles, or unrelated to this particular attribute (your suggesting to use
getRequestDispatcher().forward() instead of the navigation rule from JSF
worries me...). Can you give us more detail about the tiles definition
"myDef" and the JSF configuration and the various JSPs involved ?

Hope this helps,
Nick