tiles-users mailing list archives

From Ignacio de Córdoba <icord...@skios.es>
Subject Re: How to include a SimpleMenuItem bean in tiles:addAttribute in struts2
Date Fri, 30 Jan 2009 15:40:55 GMT

Oh, no rude at all. I am using Tiles for all the page composition in my
projects. And that is why I also wanted to use a Tile for breadcrums and not
adopt another technology just for that. I need to insert breadcrums this way
because they are placed in different positions depending if you are in
user/admin area (and more parameters... anyway...)

Focusing again on my Tiles problem. I'll try to explain it. .I'll post how I
am doing it now, which works, but mixes struts2 ONGL and starndard JSP EL. I
have a property in the struts2 Action named "folderName", which I want to
set as SimpleMenuItem value. The following code works OK, but mixes struts2
ONGL, Tiles2 and traditional JSP+EL:

<tiles:insertDefinition name="breadcrumsTile">
	<tiles:putListAttribute name="breadcrums">
		<jsp:useBean id="item" class="org.apache.tiles.beans.SimpleMenuItem"
scope="page"/>
			<c:set var='folderName'><s:property value="#folderName"/></c:set>
			<jsp:setProperty  name="item" property="link"
value="Actions_folder.action?folderName=${folderName}"/>
			<jsp:setProperty name="item" property="value" value="${folderName}"/>
			<tiles:addAttribute value="${item}"/>
	</tiles:putListAttribute>
</tiles:insertDefinition>

I find this a bit complex and that is why I am looking for a way to get rid
of jsp tags and EL and only use struts2 ONGL + Tiles2, but if Tiles2 only
accepts EL to get an object (SimpleMenuItem) I guess what I want to do is
not possible.

Thanks,
Ignacio