tiles-users mailing list archives

From johne <jeich...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Tiles and session
Date Fri, 31 Oct 2008 19:51:25 GMT

Again, very good thinking.  I had already had this, but wasn't using it for
session id rewriting.  I was also trying to get away from using this
technique for the fact that there are like 100,000 different spider user
agent names for which mainly people just pay attention to a few.   Using
this method, there is also fear for me that differently named spiders from a
same company can do checking up on each other.   If they get redirected from
one spider, but not the other, they may think cloaking is occurring and
blacklist us.  As we are not trying to provide alternate content, it would
be harsh getting blacklisted just to be more clear about our URL.

Crazy hard to find the right strategy that should imho should be the
default.

-----
JohnE

http://jobbank.com/ jobbank.com