tiles-users mailing list archives

From johne <jeich...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Tiles and session
Date Wed, 29 Oct 2008 15:47:08 GMT

Yes, if a location does not support cookies, the jsessionid is tagged to the
link.  You can see this on sites using the lynx browser (comes with cygwin).
In looking at the links that go to our site, there are many with jsessionid
right in the saved link.   Also, search engines do not use cookies, so they
automatically see the jsession id every time.   If this occurs every time a
search engine goes to your front page, it can lower your weight in the
search engines.

Right now we removed session creation out of Struts and our own application
code, but it seems we are now seeing it at the location in the exception I
showed coming from Tiles.

We are game for upgrading Struts to any pre-2.* version, but we just hope to
have a non-session Tiles version working as well if possible.  Would have to
be able to have an upgrade path for our Struts, Tiles, sslext, Velocity,
Velocity-tools code.

Was really hoping to take advantage of that one session bug fix found in the
2.0.5 tiles I mentioned.

Any ideas on what we can do?

Thanks!

-----