tiles-users mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From bjorndebak...@dommel.be
Subject Problem with JSTL, c:set
Date Fri, 10 Oct 2008 08:25:03 GMT
I have a rather annoying issue, which I can't get around for some reason.  We're
using Spring MVC, together with Tiles 2 in our project.  So far, we didn't have
any issues.  We configured the template, added a header and footer and
everything was  fine.

The problem is when we try to add the c:set-tag to one of our tiles.  When we do
this, for some reason none of the content which is below that c:set-tag is
rendered.  All the content that's above the c:set-tag is rendered twice.

Does anyone know what the problem could be?  We use taglibs-standard v1.1.2 and
jstl-v1.1.2 in our project.  I tried jstl-v1.2 but with the same problem.  I
already tried to remove the taglibs-standard or the jstl-library but with no
result.

This is the configuration of the tiles:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="ISO-8859-1" ?>

 <!DOCTYPE tiles-definitions PUBLIC
       "-//Apache Software Foundation//DTD Tiles Configuration 2.0//EN"
       "http://tiles.apache.org/dtds/tiles-config_2_0.dtd">

<tiles-definitions>

    <!-- DEFAULT MAIN TEMPLATE -->
    <definition name="template" template="/WEB-INF/jsp/template/template.jsp">
        <put-attribute name="header" value="/WEB-INF/jsp/header.jsp" />
        <put-attribute name="menu" value="/WEB-INF/jsp/menu.jsp" />
        <put-attribute name="footer" value="/WEB-INF/jsp/footer.jsp" />
    </definition>

    <!-- Pages -->
    <definition name="welcome" extends="template" />

</tiles-definitions>

When we add this to the menu.jsp:

<%@ taglib uri="http://java.sun.com/jsp/jstl/core" prefix="c" %>

<div>
    <p>TESTING TESTING</p>
    <c:if test="true">
        <p>TESTING 1 TESTING 1</p>
    </c:if>
    <c:set var="bodyContent" value="Body Content defined by and el" />
</div>

We get as a result twice TESTING TESTING TESTING 1 TESTING 1 and the last </div>
isn't rendered.  So c:if works (c:choose also), so the problem doesn't lie with
the core library.  I think the problem is with scopes, but I really have no
idea what could be the cause of this problem.

This is my spring configuration:

<bean id="tilesConfigurer"
class="org.springframework.web.servlet.view.tiles2.TilesConfigurer">
    <property name="definitions">
        <list>
            <value>/WEB-INF/tiles-def.xml</value>
        </list>
    </property>
</bean>

<bean id="viewResolver"
class="org.springframework.web.servlet.view.UrlBasedViewResolver">
    <property name="order" value="1" />
    <property name="viewClass"
value="org.springframework.web.servlet.view.tiles2.TilesView" />
</bean>

I've been looking at this for hours and I have really no idea what the problem
could be.  I checked the example that comes with the tiles distribution, but I
can't see any difference between that and my application.  Everything is
deployed on Weblogic 9, so there's support for servlet specs 2.4 and JSP 2.0.

I really hope someone on this mailinglist can figure out the problem.

Also, when i add c:set variable to the template page, I get this stacktrace:

	org.apache.tiles.TilesException: Error including path
'/WEB-INF/jsp/template/template.jsp'. erroneous handlers
		at
org.apache.tiles.impl.BasicTilesContainer.render(BasicTilesContainer.java:427)
		at
org.apache.tiles.impl.BasicTilesContainer.render(BasicTilesContainer.java:370)
		at
org.springframework.web.servlet.view.tiles2.TilesView.renderMergedOutputModel(TilesView.java:75)
		at
org.springframework.web.servlet.view.AbstractView.render(AbstractView.java:258)
		at
org.springframework.web.servlet.DispatcherServlet.render(DispatcherServlet.java:1174)
		at
org.springframework.web.servlet.DispatcherServlet.doDispatch(DispatcherServlet.java:901)
		at
org.springframework.web.servlet.DispatcherServlet.doService(DispatcherServlet.java:809)
		at
org.springframework.web.servlet.FrameworkServlet.processRequest(FrameworkServlet.java:571)
		at
org.springframework.web.servlet.FrameworkServlet.doGet(FrameworkServlet.java:501)
		at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:743)
		at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:856)
		at
weblogic.servlet.internal.StubSecurityHelper$ServletServiceAction.run(StubSecurityHelper.java:227)
		at
weblogic.servlet.internal.StubSecurityHelper.invokeServlet(StubSecurityHelper.java:125)
		at weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletStubImpl.execute(ServletStubImpl.java:283)
		at weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletStubImpl.execute(ServletStubImpl.java:175)
		at
weblogic.servlet.internal.WebAppServletContext$ServletInvocationAction.run(WebAppServletContext.java:3231)
		at
weblogic.security.acl.internal.AuthenticatedSubject.doAs(AuthenticatedSubject.java:321)
		at weblogic.security.service.SecurityManager.runAs(SecurityManager.java:121)
		at
weblogic.servlet.internal.WebAppServletContext.securedExecute(WebAppServletContext.java:2002)
		at
weblogic.servlet.internal.WebAppServletContext.execute(WebAppServletContext.java:1908)
		at
weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletRequestImpl.run(ServletRequestImpl.java:1362)
		at weblogic.work.ExecuteThread.execute(ExecuteThread.java:209)
		at weblogic.work.ExecuteThread.run(ExecuteThread.java:181)
	Caused by: java.io.IOException: Error including path
'/WEB-INF/jsp/template/template.jsp'. erroneous handlers
		at
org.apache.tiles.servlet.context.ServletTilesRequestContext.forward(ServletTilesRequestContext.java:201)
		at
org.apache.tiles.servlet.context.ServletTilesRequestContext.dispatch(ServletTilesRequestContext.java:185)
		at
org.apache.tiles.impl.BasicTilesContainer.render(BasicTilesContainer.java:419)
		... 22 more


Mime
View raw message