tiles-users mailing list archives

From "Maisano, Ben J" <benjamin_j_mais...@uhc.com>
Subject RE: Tiles error once session times out
Date Thu, 04 Sep 2008 16:04:56 GMT
Thanks for the response.  You are correct.  I had code first checking
this, and if null would do a redirect, however to my surprise the rest
of the jsp still got processed after a redirect had been issued using
reponse.sendRedirect("login.jsp");.  I ended up putting that whole page
in a if else block to prevent such processing after a redirect.  Still
one question, why did the web container not catch the Tiles exeception
as configured:

	<error-page>

<exception-type>org.apache.tiles.definition.NoSuchDefinitionException</e
xception-type>
    	<location>/login.jsp</location>
    </error-page>

??  I noticed the tiles servlet doesn't have a mapping in the web.xml,
and I also saw the apache website mention this is not needed, as its
only for initialization.  Wondering if that is the reason tiles
exceptions aren't caught by web container error-page config?  When is
tiles actually getting called, I would think it would be caught.

Ben Maisano
UnitedHealth Group IT
Office: 860-702-6994