tiles-users mailing list archives

From "Maisano, Ben J" <benjamin_j_mais...@uhc.com>
Subject RE: Tiles error once session times out
Date Thu, 04 Sep 2008 13:30:26 GMT
Hi Antonio,
	Here is our JSP code snipplet.  As you can see below we are only
using one standard tiles:insertDefinition tag.  The flush=false is
related to a JSF 1.1 bug where JSP includes cause problems with the
buffer output, and webpages get all messed up, I don't understand all
the details, however it is working fine before session times out.  Any
ideas?

	<%
	//JSF cannot forward to a tile definition directly,
	//so uses this class to redirect.
	//Get navigation definitions from request or session
	String tilesDefStr = request.getParameter("tileDefinitionReq");
	String moduleStr = request.getParameter("selectedModule");

	if(tilesDefStr != null){
		session.setAttribute("tileDefinitionReq", tilesDefStr);
	} else{
		//not coming from request, so should be post back to
same page from session
		tilesDefStr =
(String)session.getAttribute("tileDefinitionReq");
	}

	if(moduleStr != null){
		session.setAttribute("selectedModule", moduleStr);
	} else {
		//navigation not in request, so post back to same page
from session
		moduleStr =
(String)session.getAttribute("selectedModule");
	}

	%>
	<tiles:insertDefinition name='<%=tilesDefStr%>' flush="false" />

Ben Maisano
UnitedHealth Group IT
Office: 860-702-6994