tiles-users mailing list archives

From "Hehl, Thomas" <Thomas.H...@acs-inc.com>
Subject Missing key
Date Mon, 25 Aug 2008 18:32:37 GMT
I've been using tiles for about two years, but only on an app I inherited
from someone else, so I'm still kinda a newbie.

I'm trying to extend a definition in my tiles so I can re-use an existing
JSP and just add one error message. Here's the appropriate tiles entries:

  <definition name=".logout" extends=".baseDef">

      <put-attribute name="logoutErrorKey"      value="" />

      <put-attribute name="titleKey"            value="logout.title" />

      <put-attribute name="welcomeKey"          value="logout.welcome"/>

      <put-attribute name="menu"
value="/WEB-INF/view/logout_Menu.jsp" />

      <put-attribute name="body"
value="/WEB-INF/view/logout.jsp"/>

  </definition>

  <definition name=".logoutTimeout" extends=".logout">

      <put-attribute name="logoutErrorKey"      value="logout.timeout" />

  </definition>

Then I added this to my JSP:

            <tiles:insertAttribute name="logoutErrorKey"/>

I changed my app to forward to .logoutTimeout and I get the following error:

144623 ERROR org.apache.tiles.jsp.taglib.RoleSecurityTagSupport | Error
executin

g tag: Attribute 'logoutErrorKey' not found.

org.apache.tiles.TilesException: Attribute 'logoutErrorKey' not found.

        at
org.apache.tiles.jsp.taglib.InsertAttributeTag.render(InsertAttribute

Tag.java:112)

        at
org.apache.tiles.jsp.taglib.RenderTagSupport.execute(RenderTagSupport

.java:171)

        at
org.apache.tiles.jsp.taglib.RoleSecurityTagSupport.doEndTag(RoleSecur

ityTagSupport.java:75)

        at
org.apache.tiles.jsp.taglib.ContainerTagSupport.doEndTag(ContainerTag

Support.java:80)

And I have no idea where to go next. Help, please?

Thom Hehl
Sr. eJuror Architect
ACS: Government Solutions

* Office (859) 277-8800 x 144
* Thomas.Hehl@acs-inc.com <mailto:Thomas.Hehl@acs-inc.com>
1733 Harrodsburg Road
Lexington, KY 40504-3617

by reply e-mail and destroy all copies of the original message and notify
sender via e-mail at Thomas.Hehl@acs-inc.com
<mailto:Thomas.Hehl@acs-inc.com>  or by telephone at 859-277-8800 ext. 144.
Thank you.