tiles-users mailing list archives

From "Antonio Petrelli" <antonio.petre...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Access definition name + other proeprties from jsp context
Date Wed, 16 Jul 2008 08:34:21 GMT
2008/7/16 Stewart Cambridge <stewart.cambridge@gmail.com>:
>>Sincerely I don't like this approach, since the definition name is
>>simply an "id" and I don't see the usefulness of it.
>>But exactly, why do you need it?
>
> That's exactly what I do need - the id of the template.
> For example, if I'm using a jsp in both a header and a footer, I might want
> the jsp to be able to render out a different id for each, for javascript or
> css purposes.

So you use the name of the definition as an id of an item in your
HTML? I suppose that it is always the same HTML element that will have
this id, right?
Can you elaborate on this? In particular, why do you want to give a
different CSS aspect for the same element, and how do you want to use
it in JavaScript?
Usually the ID is fixed in the HTML, eventually you can specify a
different stylesheet or override the javascript function, not the
opposite.

Antonio