tiles-users mailing list archives

From murthy gandikota <murthy_gandik...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Beginner Question
Date Fri, 25 Jul 2008 19:52:31 GMT
I see a bunch of declarations in tiles.xml like:

 <definition name="/Prov.tiles"
    extends="layoutRightPane.tiles">
    <put name="title" value="xyz" />
    <put name="body"
      value="Prov.jsp" />
       <put name="menu" value="Pane.jsp" />
  </definition>

Guess when the Prov.jsp is called then it will use the layout Prov.tiles. The jsp value in
body property should match with the definition name extending a tiles def. Seems very
convoluted. Any clarification is appreciated.

Thanks
Murthy

--- On Fri, 7/25/08, murthy gandikota <murthy_gandikota@yahoo.com> wrote:

From: murthy gandikota <murthy_gandikota@yahoo.com>
Subject: Beginner Question
To: users@tiles.apache.org
Date: Friday, July 25, 2008, 12:17 PM

I am entrusted with a major Tiles project. Almost all of the code was writter by
outsources.
I see that they have defined:

a) a tiles.xml with definitions like
<definition name="lfp.tiles"
    path="/HomePageTemplate.jsp">
    <put name="top-header" value="/xyz.jsp" />
    <put name="header" value="/r.jsp" />
    <put name="menu" value="/n.jsp" />
    <put name="footer" value="/ter.jsp" />
  </definition>

b) a bunch of templates (e.g. HomePageTemplate.jsp) with code like
<tiles:insert attribute="top-header"/>

c) a bunch of JSP that are defined in the Templates

What I don't understand how does the application (Java Server Faces) know
which template
to call?

I tried searching for TilesContainer in the java files but no hits. So  they
are not
using the templates dynamically. There is also a faces-navigation.xml which
does not refer to the templates.

Thanks for your help
Murthy