tiles-users mailing list archives

From murthy gandikota <murthy_gandik...@yahoo.com>
Subject Beginner Question
Date Fri, 25 Jul 2008 19:17:30 GMT
I am entrusted with a major Tiles project. Almost all of the code was writter by outsources.
I see that they have defined:

a) a tiles.xml with definitions like
<definition name="lfp.tiles"
    path="/HomePageTemplate.jsp">
    <put name="top-header" value="/xyz.jsp" />
    <put name="header" value="/r.jsp" />
    <put name="menu" value="/n.jsp" />
    <put name="footer" value="/ter.jsp" />
  </definition>

b) a bunch of templates (e.g. HomePageTemplate.jsp) with code like
<tiles:insert attribute="top-header"/>

c) a bunch of JSP that are defined in the Templates

What I don't understand how does the application (Java Server Faces) know which template
to call?

I tried searching for TilesContainer in the java files but no hits. So  they are not
using the templates dynamically. There is also a faces-navigation.xml which
does not refer to the templates.

Thanks for your help
Murthy