tiles-users mailing list archives

From "Gamble, Wesley (WG10)" <W...@tmw.com>
Subject RE: Dropping in Tiles 2.0.6 breaks my Struts app.
Date Mon, 09 Jun 2008 17:32:37 GMT
2008/6/9 Gamble, Wesley (WG10) <WG10@tmw.com>:
> I attempted to move to Tiles 2.0.6 but it caused problems in my Struts
> 2.0.11.1 app.
>
> In WEB-INF/lib, I simply replaced the 2.0.5 versions of  tiles-api,
> tiles-core, and tiles-jsp with the 2.0.6 versions and when I went to
run
> my first action, I got the following exception:

Please post the complete exception, especially the cause exception.

It appears that there is no doFinally method on the insertAttribute tag.

Here's my layout where I use insertAttribute:

  <%@ taglib uri="http://tiles.apache.org/tags-tiles" prefix="tiles"%>
  <tiles:insertAttribute name="head" />
      <tiles:insertAttribute name="content" />

And here is the full exception:

javax.servlet.ServletException: org.apache.tiles.TilesException:
ServletException including path '/layouts/base.jsp'.

org.apache.struts2.dispatcher.Dispatcher.serviceAction(Dispatcher.java:5
15)

org.apache.struts2.dispatcher.FilterDispatcher.doFilter(FilterDispatcher
.java:419)

root cause

org.apache.tiles.TilesException: ServletException including path
'/layouts/base.jsp'.

org.apache.tiles.impl.BasicTilesContainer.render(BasicTilesContainer.jav
a:614)

org.apache.tiles.impl.BasicTilesContainer.render(BasicTilesContainer.jav
a:246)

org.apache.struts2.views.tiles.TilesResult.doExecute(TilesResult.java:10
4)

org.apache.struts2.dispatcher.StrutsResultSupport.execute(StrutsResultSu
pport.java:178)

com.opensymphony.xwork2.DefaultActionInvocation.executeResult(DefaultAct
ionInvocation.java:348)

com.opensymphony.xwork2.DefaultActionInvocation.invoke(DefaultActionInvo
cation.java:253)

com.opensymphony.xwork2.interceptor.DefaultWorkflowInterceptor.doInterce
pt(DefaultWorkflowInterceptor.java:221)

com.opensymphony.xwork2.interceptor.MethodFilterInterceptor.intercept(Me
thodFilterInterceptor.java:86)

com.opensymphony.xwork2.DefaultActionInvocation$2.doProfiling(DefaultAct
ionInvocation.java:224)

com.opensymphony.xwork2.DefaultActionInvocation$2.doProfiling(DefaultAct
ionInvocation.java:223)

com.opensymphony.xwork2.util.profiling.UtilTimerStack.profile(UtilTimerS
tack.java:455)

com.opensymphony.xwork2.DefaultActionInvocation.invoke(DefaultActionInvo
cation.java:221)

com.opensymphony.xwork2.validator.ValidationInterceptor.doIntercept(Vali
dationInterceptor.java:150)

org.apache.struts2.interceptor.validation.AnnotationValidationIntercepto
r.doIntercept(AnnotationValidationInterceptor.java:48)

com.opensymphony.xwork2.interceptor.MethodFilterInterceptor.intercept(Me
thodFilterInterceptor.java:86)

com.opensymphony.xwork2.DefaultActionInvocation$2.doProfiling(DefaultAct
ionInvocation.java:224)

com.opensymphony.xwork2.DefaultActionInvocation$2.doProfiling(DefaultAct
ionInvocation.java:223)

com.opensymphony.xwork2.util.profiling.UtilTimerStack.profile(UtilTimerS
tack.java:455)

com.opensymphony.xwork2.DefaultActionInvocation.invoke(DefaultActionInvo
cation.java:221)

com.opensymphony.xwork2.interceptor.ConversionErrorInterceptor.intercept
(ConversionErrorInterceptor.java:123)

com.opensymphony.xwork2.DefaultActionInvocation$2.doProfiling(DefaultAct
ionInvocation.java:224)

com.opensymphony.xwork2.DefaultActionInvocation$2.doProfiling(DefaultAct
ionInvocation.java:223)

com.opensymphony.xwork2.util.profiling.UtilTimerStack.profile(UtilTimerS
tack.java:455)

com.opensymphony.xwork2.DefaultActionInvocation.invoke(DefaultActionInvo
cation.java:221)

com.opensymphony.xwork2.interceptor.ParametersInterceptor.doIntercept(Pa
rametersInterceptor.java:167)

com.opensymphony.xwork2.interceptor.MethodFilterInterceptor.intercept(Me
thodFilterInterceptor.java:86)

com.opensymphony.xwork2.DefaultActionInvocation$2.doProfiling(DefaultAct
ionInvocation.java:224)

com.opensymphony.xwork2.DefaultActionInvocation$2.doProfiling(DefaultAct
ionInvocation.java:223)

com.opensymphony.xwork2.util.profiling.UtilTimerStack.profile(UtilTimerS
tack.java:455)

com.opensymphony.xwork2.DefaultActionInvocation.invoke(DefaultActionInvo
cation.java:221)

com.opensymphony.xwork2.interceptor.StaticParametersInterceptor.intercep
t(StaticParametersInterceptor.java:105)

com.opensymphony.xwork2.DefaultActionInvocation$2.doProfiling(DefaultAct
ionInvocation.java:224)

com.opensymphony.xwork2.DefaultActionInvocation$2.doProfiling(DefaultAct
ionInvocation.java:223)

com.opensymphony.xwork2.util.profiling.UtilTimerStack.profile(UtilTimerS
tack.java:455)

com.opensymphony.xwork2.DefaultActionInvocation.invoke(DefaultActionInvo
cation.java:221)

org.apache.struts2.interceptor.CheckboxInterceptor.intercept(CheckboxInt
erceptor.java:83)

com.opensymphony.xwork2.DefaultActionInvocation$2.doProfiling(DefaultAct
ionInvocation.java:224)

com.opensymphony.xwork2.DefaultActionInvocation$2.doProfiling(DefaultAct
ionInvocation.java:223)

com.opensymphony.xwork2.util.profiling.UtilTimerStack.profile(UtilTimerS
tack.java:455)

com.opensymphony.xwork2.DefaultActionInvocation.invoke(DefaultActionInvo
cation.java:221)

org.apache.struts2.interceptor.FileUploadInterceptor.intercept(FileUploa
dInterceptor.java:207)

com.opensymphony.xwork2.DefaultActionInvocation$2.doProfiling(DefaultAct
ionInvocation.java:224)

com.opensymphony.xwork2.DefaultActionInvocation$2.doProfiling(DefaultAct
ionInvocation.java:223)

com.opensymphony.xwork2.util.profiling.UtilTimerStack.profile(UtilTimerS
tack.java:455)

com.opensymphony.xwork2.DefaultActionInvocation.invoke(DefaultActionInvo
cation.java:221)

com.opensymphony.xwork2.interceptor.ModelDrivenInterceptor.intercept(Mod
elDrivenInterceptor.java:74)

com.opensymphony.xwork2.DefaultActionInvocation$2.doProfiling(DefaultAct
ionInvocation.java:224)

com.opensymphony.xwork2.DefaultActionInvocation$2.doProfiling(DefaultAct
ionInvocation.java:223)

com.opensymphony.xwork2.util.profiling.UtilTimerStack.profile(UtilTimerS
tack.java:455)

com.opensymphony.xwork2.DefaultActionInvocation.invoke(DefaultActionInvo
cation.java:221)

com.opensymphony.xwork2.interceptor.ScopedModelDrivenInterceptor.interce
pt(ScopedModelDrivenInterceptor.java:127)

com.opensymphony.xwork2.DefaultActionInvocation$2.doProfiling(DefaultAct
ionInvocation.java:224)

com.opensymphony.xwork2.DefaultActionInvocation$2.doProfiling(DefaultAct
ionInvocation.java:223)

com.opensymphony.xwork2.util.profiling.UtilTimerStack.profile(UtilTimerS
tack.java:455)

com.opensymphony.xwork2.DefaultActionInvocation.invoke(DefaultActionInvo
cation.java:221)

org.apache.struts2.interceptor.ProfilingActivationInterceptor.intercept(
ProfilingActivationInterceptor.java:107)

com.opensymphony.xwork2.DefaultActionInvocation$2.doProfiling(DefaultAct
ionInvocation.java:224)

com.opensymphony.xwork2.DefaultActionInvocation$2.doProfiling(DefaultAct
ionInvocation.java:223)

com.opensymphony.xwork2.util.profiling.UtilTimerStack.profile(UtilTimerS
tack.java:455)

com.opensymphony.xwork2.DefaultActionInvocation.invoke(DefaultActionInvo
cation.java:221)

org.apache.struts2.interceptor.debugging.DebuggingInterceptor.intercept(
DebuggingInterceptor.java:206)

com.opensymphony.xwork2.DefaultActionInvocation$2.doProfiling(DefaultAct
ionInvocation.java:224)

com.opensymphony.xwork2.DefaultActionInvocation$2.doProfiling(DefaultAct
ionInvocation.java:223)

com.opensymphony.xwork2.util.profiling.UtilTimerStack.profile(UtilTimerS
tack.java:455)

com.opensymphony.xwork2.DefaultActionInvocation.invoke(DefaultActionInvo
cation.java:221)

com.opensymphony.xwork2.interceptor.ChainingInterceptor.intercept(Chaini
ngInterceptor.java:115)

com.opensymphony.xwork2.DefaultActionInvocation$2.doProfiling(DefaultAct
ionInvocation.java:224)

com.opensymphony.xwork2.DefaultActionInvocation$2.doProfiling(DefaultAct
ionInvocation.java:223)

com.opensymphony.xwork2.util.profiling.UtilTimerStack.profile(UtilTimerS
tack.java:455)

com.opensymphony.xwork2.DefaultActionInvocation.invoke(DefaultActionInvo
cation.java:221)

com.opensymphony.xwork2.interceptor.I18nInterceptor.intercept(I18nInterc
eptor.java:143)

com.opensymphony.xwork2.DefaultActionInvocation$2.doProfiling(DefaultAct
ionInvocation.java:224)

com.opensymphony.xwork2.DefaultActionInvocation$2.doProfiling(DefaultAct
ionInvocation.java:223)

com.opensymphony.xwork2.util.profiling.UtilTimerStack.profile(UtilTimerS
tack.java:455)

com.opensymphony.xwork2.DefaultActionInvocation.invoke(DefaultActionInvo
cation.java:221)

com.opensymphony.xwork2.interceptor.PrepareInterceptor.doIntercept(Prepa
reInterceptor.java:121)

com.opensymphony.xwork2.interceptor.MethodFilterInterceptor.intercept(Me
thodFilterInterceptor.java:86)

com.opensymphony.xwork2.DefaultActionInvocation$2.doProfiling(DefaultAct
ionInvocation.java:224)

com.opensymphony.xwork2.DefaultActionInvocation$2.doProfiling(DefaultAct
ionInvocation.java:223)

com.opensymphony.xwork2.util.profiling.UtilTimerStack.profile(UtilTimerS
tack.java:455)

com.opensymphony.xwork2.DefaultActionInvocation.invoke(DefaultActionInvo
cation.java:221)

org.apache.struts2.interceptor.ServletConfigInterceptor.intercept(Servle
tConfigInterceptor.java:170)

com.opensymphony.xwork2.DefaultActionInvocation$2.doProfiling(DefaultAct
ionInvocation.java:224)

com.opensymphony.xwork2.DefaultActionInvocation$2.doProfiling(DefaultAct
ionInvocation.java:223)

com.opensymphony.xwork2.util.profiling.UtilTimerStack.profile(UtilTimerS
tack.java:455)

com.opensymphony.xwork2.DefaultActionInvocation.invoke(DefaultActionInvo
cation.java:221)

com.opensymphony.xwork2.interceptor.AliasInterceptor.intercept(AliasInte
rceptor.java:123)

com.opensymphony.xwork2.DefaultActionInvocation$2.doProfiling(DefaultAct
ionInvocation.java:224)

com.opensymphony.xwork2.DefaultActionInvocation$2.doProfiling(DefaultAct
ionInvocation.java:223)

com.opensymphony.xwork2.util.profiling.UtilTimerStack.profile(UtilTimerS
tack.java:455)

com.opensymphony.xwork2.DefaultActionInvocation.invoke(DefaultActionInvo
cation.java:221)

com.opensymphony.xwork2.interceptor.ExceptionMappingInterceptor.intercep
t(ExceptionMappingInterceptor.java:176)

com.opensymphony.xwork2.DefaultActionInvocation$2.doProfiling(DefaultAct
ionInvocation.java:224)

com.opensymphony.xwork2.DefaultActionInvocation$2.doProfiling(DefaultAct
ionInvocation.java:223)

com.opensymphony.xwork2.util.profiling.UtilTimerStack.profile(UtilTimerS
tack.java:455)

com.opensymphony.xwork2.DefaultActionInvocation.invoke(DefaultActionInvo
cation.java:221)

org.apache.struts2.impl.StrutsActionProxy.execute(StrutsActionProxy.java
:50)

org.apache.struts2.dispatcher.Dispatcher.serviceAction(Dispatcher.java:5
04)

org.apache.struts2.dispatcher.FilterDispatcher.doFilter(FilterDispatcher
.java:419)

root cause

org.apache.tiles.util.TilesIOException: ServletException including path
'/layouts/base.jsp'.

org.apache.tiles.servlet.context.ServletTilesRequestContext.wrapServletE
xception(ServletTilesRequestContext.java:298)

org.apache.tiles.servlet.context.ServletTilesRequestContext.forward(Serv
letTilesRequestContext.java:200)

org.apache.tiles.servlet.context.ServletTilesRequestContext.dispatch(Ser
vletTilesRequestContext.java:179)

org.apache.tiles.impl.BasicTilesContainer.render(BasicTilesContainer.jav
a:606)

[...]

javax.servlet.ServletException: java.lang.NoSuchMethodError:
org.apache.tiles.jsp.taglib.InsertAttributeTag.doFinally()V

org.apache.jasper.runtime.PageContextImpl.doHandlePageException(PageCont
extImpl.java:850)

org.apache.jasper.runtime.PageContextImpl.handlePageException(PageContex
tImpl.java:779)
	org.apache.jsp.layouts.base_jsp._jspService(base_jsp.java:79)

org.apache.jasper.runtime.HttpJspBase.service(HttpJspBase.java:70)
	javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:803)

org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServletWrapper.service(JspServletWrapper.ja
va:374)

org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.serviceJspFile(JspServlet.java:337)

org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.service(JspServlet.java:266)
	javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:803)

org.apache.tiles.servlet.context.ServletTilesRequestContext.forward(Serv
letTilesRequestContext.java:198)

[...]

org.apache.jsp.layouts.base_jsp._jspx_meth_tiles_005finsertAttribute_005
f0(base_jsp.java:107)
	org.apache.jsp.layouts.base_jsp._jspService(base_jsp.java:62)