tiles-users mailing list archives

From "Antonio Petrelli" <antonio.petre...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Iterate through Attributes
Date Wed, 16 Apr 2008 15:11:21 GMT
2008/4/15, JRD <danger_jon@hotmail.com>:
>  <tiles:insert definition="${definition}">
>         <tiles:put name="viewFormat" value="${viewFormat}"/>
>         <c:forEach items="${theTiles.attributeNames}" var="attribute">
>                 <tiles:put name="${attribute}"><tiles:getAsString
>  name="${attribute}"/></tiles:put>
>         </c:forEach>
>  </tiles:insert>

About this particular piece of code (once translated to Tiles 2 tags),
it does not work since the <tiles:getAsString> tag is inside a
<tiles:insertDefinition> tag, that creates a new attribute context.
I am trying to understand if it can be corrected or not (in the sense
that this behaviour is correct). I think it is a bug, but I am trying
to understand what is the best way to fix it, without adding too much
complexity.

Antonio