tiles-users mailing list archives

From "Antonio Petrelli" <antonio.petre...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Dynamic attribute value
Date Tue, 15 Apr 2008 18:39:57 GMT
2008/4/9, Antonio Petrelli <antonio.petrelli@gmail.com>:
> 2008/4/9, Stefan Schwarz <cmsi@gmx.net>:
> >

> > Antonio Petrelli-3 wrote:
> > >
> > > You told in a previous e-mail that using:
> > > <t:getAsString name="site.name" />
> > > displays the name in "layout.jsp". So, if I understand it correctly,
> this
> > > code "works". What does not work is the inclusion via the
> <t:putAttribute>
> > > tag.
> >

> > In the putAttribute context it does not work.
>

> OK, this seems to be a bug. Can you create a JIRA issue and possibly provide
> a test case?
>  https://issues.apache.org/struts/

Sorry for replying to this thread, but I changed my mind: this is
*not* a bug. When you write a <tiles:insert*> tag, you start
automatically a new context. Every operation involving attributes
(e.g. <tiles:getAsString>) are done in this new context, thus you
cannot see the attributes that are in an "upper" context.

Antonio