tiles-users mailing list archives

From Jonathan DeRose <danger_...@hotmail.com>
Subject RE: Iterate through Attributes
Date Wed, 16 Apr 2008 15:51:21 GMT
The importAttribute tag takes everything in the context and puts them individually into page
scope.  That doesn't help me since I need to pass along whatever was passed to me.  I wouldn't
know what was in page scope that was passed in vs. what was there from other processing.
My tag gets a handle on the AttributeContext and stores the attributes as a map in page scope.
 I then use that map to pass along the exact parameters passed in.

When will 2.1.0 be out?  And what scheme did you use for cascading?  Do you copy all attributes
into the child context upon creation? Or does the inserting def select the ones it wants.

Subject: Re: Iterate through Attributes> > 2008/4/16, JRD <danger_jon@hotmail.com>:>
> Tiles.> > From my perspective you have two ways of building a UI that has both>
> dataEntry & readOnly views of the same data. You can have struts make the> >
call which one to show or you can leave it to Tiles. I think the tiles> > approach is
far superior.> > > > Well... you are not too much wrong :-D Anyway Struts 2 gives
you a lot of> ways for customizing your components, even with parameters and little>
tricks. See:> http://www.vitarara.org/cms/struts_2_cookbook/creating_a_ui_component>
> > I was able to get what I wanted by making my own tag. I'm not happy doing> >
it as now I need to be careful with Tiles if I want to upgrade but not> > having this
feature is sort of a show-stopper.> >> > public class TilesAttributesTag extends
AttributeTagSupport {> > ...> > > > Uh wait, you can use the <tiles:importAttribute>
tag without the "name"> parameter for this:> http://tiles.apache.org/2.0/framework/tiles-jsp/tlddoc/tiles/importAttribute.html>
> I read that> > you were working on cascading properties which sounds like it would
solve> > my> > problem depending on the implementation. If you just took everything
out> > of> > the parents attributeContext and put it into the new attributeContext
it> > should be ok.> > > > You can play with cascading attributes right
now, I published a snapshot of> Tiles 2.1.0:> http://people.apache.org/repo/m2-snapshot-repository/>
http://www.windowslive.com/skydrive/overview.html?ocid=TXT_TAGLM_WL_Refresh_skydrive_packup_042008