tiles-users mailing list archives

From "Chris Pratt" <thechrispr...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Proper way to use a definition attribute as argument or parameter for an action?
Date Mon, 28 Apr 2008 19:07:17 GMT
You can set the value of argument either using EL in the value=""
attribute, or using JSP in the body of the putAttribute tag.

Example:

  <tiles:insertTemplate template="/someminorjsppage.jsp">
     <tiles:putAttribute name="title" value="some.title.i18n.key"/>
     <tiles:putAttribute name="argument" value="${myArgument}"/>
  </tiles:insertTemplate>

  <tiles:insertTemplate template="/someminorjsppage.jsp">
     <tiles:putAttribute name="title" value="some.title.i18n.key"/>
     <tiles:putAttribute name="argument"><s:property
value="%{ognlValue}"/></tiles:putAttribute>
  </tiles:insertTemplate>

(*Chris*)