tiles-users mailing list archives

From Vernon <vwu...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Error during using a view preparer
Date Tue, 04 Mar 2008 16:46:47 GMT
Antonio Petrelli wrote:
> 2008/3/4, Vernon <vwu725@yahoo.com>:
>
>> ERROR

org.apache.tiles.jsp.taglib.RenderTagSupport.doCatch:152
>> - Error
>> during rendering
>> javax.servlet.jsp.JspException: Error executing
tag:
>> No bean named
>> 'com.abc.xyz.web.directory.NewEntriesPreparer' is
>> defined
>>

> That's strange, I don't know what's this exception.
> Can you see the "cause" of this exception in your
logs? If yes, post it.
> And by the way, do you use Tiles support in Spring?
(I got it from the
> @Autowired annotation).
>
> Ciao
> Antonio

Hi, Antonio,

Yes, I use Tiles in Spring and currently still am
working on migration
from Struts Tiles and Tiles 2 in a Spring web
application. My migration
path is not smooth. After quite few changes, I run
into this exception.
 From the cause, does it mean that I need to configure
the preparer
differently in Spring?

Caused by:
org.springframework.beans.factory.NoSuchBeanDefinitionException:
No bean
named 'com.abc.xyz..web.directory.NewEntriesPreparer'
is defined
    at
org.springframework.beans.factory.support.DefaultListableBeanFactory.getBeanDefinition(DefaultListableBeanFactory.java:391)
    at
org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractBeanFactory.getMergedLocalBeanDefinition(AbstractBeanFactory.java:999)
    at
org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractBeanFactory.getBean(AbstractBeanFactory.java:233)
    at
org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractBeanFactory.getBean(AbstractBeanFactory.java:174)
    at
org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractBeanFactory.getBean(AbstractBeanFactory.java:227)
    at
org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractBeanFactory.getBean(AbstractBeanFactory.java:174)
    at
org.springframework.context.support.AbstractApplicationContext.getBean(AbstractApplicationContext.java:887)
    at
org.springframework.web.servlet.view.tiles2.SpringBeanPreparerFactory.getPreparer(SpringBeanPreparerFactory.java:38)
    at
org.springframework.web.servlet.view.tiles2.AbstractSpringPreparerFactory.getPreparer(AbstractSpringPreparerFactory.java:58)
    at
org.apache.tiles.impl.BasicTilesContainer.prepare(BasicTilesContainer.java:349)
    at
org.apache.tiles.impl.BasicTilesContainer.render(BasicTilesContainer.java:410)
    ... 53 more

http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs