tiles-users mailing list archives

From "Antonio Petrelli" <antonio.petre...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Runtime Composition using APIs
Date Sun, 06 Jan 2008 15:54:35 GMT
2008/1/5, Ninad Tambe <ninadtambe@yahoo.com>:
> Can I maybe keep all my definitions in DB and use UrlDefinitionsFactory to retreive the
Definitions collection at startup, so all the definitions will be available at runtime? This
way, I do not need to persist it, per se, from runtime? The reason I am trying to do this
is we have a content management system which saves everything in DB. So there is really no
JSP pages (for templates).

Probably I did not understand when you talk about "persisted"
definitions: usually this term indicates that you want to create and
retrieve objects (in this case  definitions) inside a DB.
Tiles provides support only for the retrieval, not for creation, of
definitions. As long as you want to read definitions, Tiles can help
you.

But maybe I did not get your point.

Ciao
Antonio