tiles-users mailing list archives

From Lee Theobald <...@openobjects.com>
Subject Re: Where To Define My Constants?
Date Fri, 25 Jan 2008 09:08:20 GMT

Possibly, I'm not too sure.  Let me put the question in a better way...

I have two pages: search.jsp and results.jsp.  One is a search page, the
other a results page.
Those pages also have their own templates: search_template.jsp and
result_template.jsp.

In addition to those, I have three JSP files containing various variables:
*  general_config - Which contains various strings, booleans, arrays etc. to
be used on either page (search or results).
*  search_config - Same kind of deal but just to be used for the search page
*  results_config - Same as above but for results.

All the variables are defined currently on the pageContext.

What's the best way to make the variables available in the config pages
available to the search & results pages?

So far I've tried things like:
<code>
<tiles:insertTemplate template="templates/search_template.jsp">
	<tiles:putAttribute name="generalconfig" type="template"
value="../includes/general_config.jsp" />
        <tiles:putAttribute name="specifcconfig" type="template"
value="../includes/search_config.jsp" />
</tiles:insertTemplate>
But that hasn't seemed to work.  Just including the config files in
search_template doesn't work either.

Do I have to set up my template so that all the variables I want are defined
via <tiles:putAttribute>.  I'm starting to think this is where I should be
starting to use definitions (which I have been avoiding so far).

Cheers for any input,
Lee