tiles-users mailing list archives

From Lee Theobald <...@openobjects.com>
Subject [Tiles2] Where To Define My Constants?
Date Thu, 24 Jan 2008 14:54:11 GMT

A nice simple one this time.  I've been looking through various tutorials but
haven't found an answer.

Currently in my non-tiles web application I have a page called config.jsp
that sets a number of variables on the page context (via
pageContext.setAttribute).  This page is then included at the top of each of
my top level pages (which is just a few HTML tags and then a lot of
includes).  So I know that my includes will be able to access this variable.

Now I'm trying to do the same while using tiles.  But where should I include
my config.jsp so that the variables defined within it are available through
the various pages inserted into my template?  I've tried putting it in the
template file but this only works for that single page.  I also just gave it
a shot at inserting into my top level page (that uses a template and
provides the various parts to be inserted) but the variables still aren't
available in the various includes.

If that didn't make much sense, let me know and I'll try and illustrate it
visually.

Cheers,
Lee