tiles-users mailing list archives

From "Antonio Petrelli" <antonio.petre...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: tiles1 - tiles2 migration: insert an action
Date Sat, 17 Nov 2007 18:06:52 GMT
2007/11/16, doktora v <doktora@gmail.com>:
> I tried that, but get:
>
> SEVERE: Servlet.service() for servlet org.apache.jsp.testlayout_jsp
> threw exception
> java.io.IOException: Stream closed
>         at org.apache.jasper.runtime.JspWriterImpl.ensureOpen(JspWriterImpl.java:203)
>         at org.apache.jasper.runtime.JspWriterImpl.clearBuffer(JspWriterImpl.java:159)
>         at org.apache.jsp.testlayout_jsp._jspService(testlayout_jsp.java:82)

Now that is very strange :-O
Did you close the response writer/output stream?

> and the tile is not inserted but rather the entire result of the
> action is rendered in my browser.

Do you render the response with a forward? Or do you work directly on
the HTTP response?

> The action also uses tiles to
> display its result.

How? Please post the code.

> Should I post my code/setup? It's fairly straightforward and if I call
> the action  directly it works fine.

Please post the code of your calling action, the action that should
get inserted by Tiles, Tiles definitions.

One last question: what version of Struts do you use?

Ciao
Antonio