tiles-users mailing list archives

From "Antonio Petrelli" <antonio.petre...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Tiles decoration filter and Struts 2 problem.
Date Thu, 08 Nov 2007 08:11:01 GMT
2007/11/8, Amit Rana <amit.rana@gmail.com>:

> 2007/11/7, Amit Rana <amit.rana@gmail.com>:
> >
> > Tiles is decorating jsps but not the out put from an action.
> >                 <action name="home" class="com.tj.actions.HomeAction">
> >                         <result>jsp/home.jsp</result>
> >                 </action>
> >
> >Just to be sure, did you try to remove the TilesDecorationFilter and see
> if
> >your action works?
>
> >Antonio
> Yes action works if I remove TilesDecorationFilter.
>
> Action also works if I reverse the order of filters i.e. below works
>
> <filter-mapping>
>         <filter-name>struts2</filter-name>
>         <url-pattern>/*</url-pattern>
> </filter-mapping>
> <filter-mapping>
>         <filter-name>tilesdecoration</filter-name>
>         <url-pattern>/*</url-pattern>
> </filter-mapping>
>
> If I reverse the order then I can only see the layou and not the
> result of action.
>
> Any suggestions?

Yes, I've seen the code and it seems like a bug :-( It seems that the filter
chain is invoked in a strange way...
Can you create a JIRA ticket, please?
https://issues.apache.org/struts/browse/TILES

Thanks
Antonio

P.S.: If you want my opinion in decoration, I think Sitemesh is definitely
better:
http://www.opensymphony.com/sitemesh/
And nothing prevents you from using it together with Tiles, both in the
decoration pages and in pages-to-be-decorated.