tiles-users mailing list archives

From Ray Clough <rcclo...@kamakuraco.com>
Subject Re: JFreeChart + Tiles
Date Mon, 26 Nov 2007 22:50:13 GMT
The problem, as I see it, is not so much JFreeChart and Tiles, but
JFreeChart and Jsp.  A JFreeChart rendered on a Jsp page is an image, so
the problem is getting that image onto the Jsp page.  Then use that Jsp
as a Tile.  Tiles has nothing to do JFreeChart.  I have used two methods
to get a JFreeChart onto a Jsp page:  (1) create a Servlet to serve up
the image files (maybe 25 lines of code is all it takes).  Map it to
something like /charts/* and use that in a JSTL tag to give you the
chart; (2) use CeWolf, which is a very nifty tag library (and other
stuff too) which is made to work with JFreeChart.  CeWolf also gives you
an image map so you get tool tips on the chart.

Use either method to put the chart on your Jsp, then include that Jsp as
a Tile, and abracadabara!  presto!  voila!  Piece-o-cake!
- Ray Clough