tiles-users mailing list archives

From "Antonio Petrelli" <antonio.petre...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: How can I separate tiles.xml in several files ?
Date Tue, 16 Oct 2007 07:12:01 GMT
2007/10/16, Baptiste GAILLARD <baptiste.gaillard@gmail.com>:

> So I suppose I can't extend a definition which is defined in another
> tiles.xml file ?

Try to declare them in the "correct" order, i.e. firstly the one that
contains the "base" definition (in your case "datatable", contained in
/pages/components/datatable/tiles.xml) and then the one that contains the
extended definition (userDatatable, contained in WEB-INF/tiles.xml).

Is it possible to do that in tiles 2, is there an "include" makup like
> in struts config files ?

No :-( but it seems like a not-so-bad idea, so please feel free to discuss
it in the Tiles Developers mailing list:
http://tiles.apache.org/mail-lists.html
or file a JIRA issue.

Antonio