tiles-users mailing list archives

From "Antonio Petrelli" <antonio.petre...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Improvement: Do not create sessions in ServletTilesRequestContext
Date Mon, 03 Sep 2007 15:46:24 GMT
2007/9/3, Neil Aggarwal <neil@jammconsulting.com>:

> Antonio:
>
> Are you suggesting to create a ServletSessionScopeMap
> even when there is no session?
>
> HttpServletRequest.getSession(false) returns null when
> there is no session.  I think we should try to follow
> that.

It will be followed, but inside ServletSessionScopeMap.
The map will be created anyway, but it will be empty. But when someone adds
an attribute, it will be created. Returning a null Map, IMHO, prevents users
from creating their own session-scoped attributes.
If it is still not clear, I will try to create a patch and post it in the
TILES-207 issue, so we can discuss it.

Antonio