tiles-users mailing list archives

From "Paul Rempel" <prem...@Paypros.com>
Subject Whats going on with Tiles 2.0?
Date Wed, 05 Sep 2007 19:57:59 GMT
Hi there, I'm new to Tiles and I need a system for a Java based web app
to provide customized, configurable and reusable components for within
JSP pages.  I've used ASP.NET User Controls (.ascx) files in the past
and I want similar functionality for my Java apps.  Tiles seems to be a
good choice, but I have a few questions:

1. Are there any comparable alternatives to Tiles?

2. Is there a stable release of Tiles 2.0?  This is for a mission
ciritical financial application and I need stability above all other
features.  2.0.4 is listed as beta.  Are 2.0.1 and 2.0.3 considered
stable?

3. Where is a good tutorial on using Tiles 2?  The one on the
http://tiles.apache.org site is missing most of the pages and doesn't
seem to have a complete working example.  I have the test war app
installed that is distribued with Tiles, but I would like a walk through
explaining how things work and the reasoning behind it rather than just
sample code.

Thanks, Paul
IMPORTANT NOTICE

THIS MESSAGE IS CONFIDENTIAL. This e-mail message and any attachments are proprietary and
confidential information intended only for the use of the recipient(s) named above. If you
are not the intended recipient, you may not print, distribute, or copy this message or any
attachments. If you have received this communication in error, please notify the sender by
return e-mail and delete this message and any attachments from your computer. Learn more about
Payment Processing's services at www.paypros.com.