tiles-users mailing list archives

From Adam Hardy <ahardy.str...@cyberspaceroad.com>
Subject Re: internationalised strings in the database
Date Mon, 03 Sep 2007 09:07:36 GMT

>> what the name of its JSP is?

>> of the master tile that the taglib is in, in order to quote that tile in a URL
>> param like this:

Those are my issues. What I am trying to make clear is the mechanism by which my
fmt:message taglib implementation would be able to identify automatically which
i18n string to retrieve, when given only a non-unique key such as "title".

<adam:message key="title"/>

The class should work out the JSP name itself.

In another tag to produce a url to a translation page, I must work out the name
of the 'master' tile that this JSP is part of.

That translation page must establish the names of all the JSPs involved in the
tile. In this way it can retrieve all strings used on that page and present them
in a form for translation.

There is already an implementation of i18n resources that reads from a database
that I can use.

Regards
Adam