tiles-users mailing list archives

From "Chris Pratt" <thechrispr...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: MyFaces and Tiles
Date Thu, 06 Sep 2007 17:54:29 GMT
On 9/6/07, Ray Clough <rcclough@kamakuraco.com> wrote:
> The shale-tiles view handler is completely independent of Shale.  It
> just handles the transform of '.jsf' page requests to look for an
> appropriately named Tile.  Personally, I think it should be a project of
> Tiles, not with Shale.  Of course, it might belong with the JSF project
> as much as with the Tiles project, but certainly not Shale, since it has
> no Shale dependencies.  Also, they are obviously not supporting it, as
> it hasn't been updated in so long.  However, it is very useful as we
> needed it to make our JSF/Tiles project work (actually,
> Struts-1/Struts-2/JSF/Tiles project).
>
> - Ray Clough

True and because of the lack of dependencies, I cheated a bit.  I took
your ViewHandler and the Bundle.properties it references and just
built them into my war file without rebuilding shale at all.  But as
Antonio noted, now Tiles appears to be looking for the layout/index
tile instead of the index tile so something is a bit wonky.
  (*Chris*)