tiles-users mailing list archives

From "Neil Aggarwal" <n...@JAMMConsulting.com>
Subject RE: Improvement: Do not create sessions in ServletTilesRequestContext
Date Mon, 03 Sep 2007 15:40:30 GMT
Antonio:

Are you suggesting to create a ServletSessionScopeMap
even when there is no session?

HttpServletRequest.getSession(false) returns null when
there is no session.  I think we should try to follow
that.

Thanks,
	Neil

Eliminate junk email and reclaim your inbox.
Visit http://www.spammilter.com for details.

-----Original Message-----
From: Antonio Petrelli [mailto:antonio.petrelli@gmail.com]
Sent: Monday, September 03, 2007 10:28 AM
To: users@tiles.apache.org
Subject: Re: Improvement: Do not create sessions in
ServletTilesRequestContext

2007/9/3, Neil Aggarwal <neil@jammconsulting.com>:

> Antonio:
>
> If you look at the patch I put into the jira, it
> checks to make sure the session is not null.

Sorry I have not been clear (even with myself :-) )
I meant that, if someone tries to add an attribute in the session, the
session should be created.
So I think that the ServletSessionScopeMap class should hold a reference to
the HttpServletRequest, so it can create a session when it is necessary.

Antonio