tiles-users mailing list archives

From "Antonio Petrelli" <antonio.petre...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Request Method Values
Date Sun, 05 Aug 2007 17:17:16 GMT
2007/8/5, Chris Pratt <thechrispratt@gmail.com>:
> I'm trying to create a tile that generates a menu where the menu items
> are sensitive to the page they're on, but for some reason I can't seem
> to figure out how to find the current page.  When I try:
>
> <!--
> req.getPathInfo()              = ${pageContext.request.pathInfo}
> req.getPathTranslated()          = ${pageContext.request.pathTranslated}
> req.getRequestURI()          = ${pageContext.request.requestURI}
> req.getRequestURL()          = ${pageContext.request.requestURL}
> req.getServletPath()         = ${pageContext.request.servletPath}
> -->
>
> it generates:
>
> <!--
> req.getPathInfo()              =
> req.getPathTranslated()          =
> req.getRequestURI()          = /layout/default-layout.jsp
> req.getRequestURL()          =
> http://anodyzed.planetpratt.com/layout/default-layout.jsp
> req.getServletPath()         = /layout/default-layout.jsp
> -->
>
> which tells me what layout I'm using, but not what the actual request
> was.  Is there any way to get access to the page name?

I suppose the answer is "no", at least directly.
Your problem will be the same even if you don't use Tiles, because,
when you forward to a JSP page, the latest request URI will be that
JSP page.
But the question is: do you want to create a customized menu depending
on the definition name?
In this case, I think you should look the concept of "preparer":
http://tiles.apache.org/tutorial/advanced/preparer.html

Ciao
Antonio