tiles-users mailing list archives

From Anton Pussep <an...@pussep.de>
Subject Re: Can Tiles provide highly configurable UI?
Date Wed, 25 Jul 2007 08:10:07 GMT

> In particular, when you say "different layout for different customers"
> do you mean different "customer types (roles)" or one customer-one
> layout (just like in MyYahoo)?

It's rather the first one. MyYahoo is very nice, but displaying
different components is not enough. Our customers are not the users, the
users are our customer's customers. The customers link from their pages
to our service's pages, but they want out service to have the same
appearance as their own website. Therefore the view must be able to
imitate any possible layout out there. I think it requires a very
sophisticated framework, that's why I am so skeptical if anything can do it.

> In the first case, you can take a look to Dimensions:
> http://mutidimensions.sourceforge.net/
> In the trunk of the SVN repository there is a to-be-cleaned-up version
> of Dimensions that can work together with Tiles 2 (the released
> versions work only with Struts-Tiles).

Thank you very much for the link, I will take a look at it right now.

Thanks for the fast reply!

Best,
Anton