tiles-users mailing list archives

From "Neil Aggarwal" <n...@JAMMConsulting.com>
Subject RE: Nesting tiles 3 levels deep not finding attribute
Date Tue, 31 Jul 2007 15:21:09 GMT
Antonio:

I just tried defining productContent in my layout.jsp
page:

<tiles:insertAttribute name="content">
  <tiles:putAttribute name="productContent" value="product.grid" />
</tiles:insertAttribute>

And the page renders completely correctly.  I definitely
think this is a scoping issue.

Is there a way to tell the putAttribute call above to
pull the value from the attributes of the layout
instead of hard-coding it like I just did?

I tried this to no avail:

<tiles:insertAttribute name="content">
  <tiles:putAttribute name="productContent" value="%{productContent}" />
</tiles:insertAttribute>

The reason I want to do that is to re-use the
same layout for different nested content.

Here is an example:

  <definition name="page.products" extends="layout">
    <put-attribute name="content" value="product.nav" />
    <put-attribute name="productContent" value="product.grid" />
  </definition>

  <definition name="page.productDetail" extends="layout">
    <put-attribute name="content" value="product.nav" />
    <put-attribute name="productContent" value="/productDetail.jsp" />
  </definition>

These two definitions share the same layout but have different
values for productContent.

How do I achieve this with tiles?

Thanks,
	Neil

FREE! Eliminate junk email and reclaim your inbox.
Visit http://www.spammilter.com for details.