tiles-users mailing list archives

From "Neil Aggarwal" <n...@JAMMConsulting.com>
Subject RE: Nesting tiles 3 levels deep not finding attribute
Date Tue, 31 Jul 2007 03:09:06 GMT
Hello:

I have been doing some googling on this and I
came across this post:
http://www.mail-archive.com/struts-user@jakarta.apache.org/msg24016.html

So, attributes do not cascade and I have to push them down
to the nested tiles.

Looking at the syntax on that page, I took a look at
the tiles:putAttribute tag but I cannot figure out
how to do it.

Can someone please help me?

Thanks,
	Neil

FREE! Eliminate junk email and reclaim your inbox.
Visit http://www.spammilter.com for details.

-----Original Message-----
From: Neil Aggarwal [mailto:neil@jammconsulting.com]
Sent: Monday, July 30, 2007 4:02 PM
To: users@tiles.apache.org
Subject: Nesting tiles 3 levels deep not finding attribute

Hello:

I have 3 levels of nested tiles:

  <definition name="layout" template="/layout.jsp">
    <put-attribute name="top" value="/top.jsp" />
    <put-attribute name="banner" value="/banner.jsp" />
    <put-attribute name="footer" value="/footer.jsp" />
  </definition>

  <definition name="product.nav" template="/productNavLayout.jsp">
    <put-attribute name="productPathNav" value="/productPathNav.jsp" />
    <put-attribute name="productNav" value="/productNav.jsp" />
  </definition>

  <definition name="product.grid" template="/productGridLayout.jsp">
    <put-attribute name="productGridTopNav" value="/productGridTopNav.jsp"
/>
    <put-attribute name="productGrid" value="/productGrid.jsp" />
    <put-attribute name="productGridBottomNav"
value="/productGridBottomNav.jsp" />
  </definition>

  <definition name="page.products" extends="layout">
    <put-attribute name="content" value="product.nav" />
    <put-attribute name="productContent" value="product.grid" />
  </definition>

For some reason, when I load the page.products definition, I
get this error:

javax.servlet.jsp.JspException: Error executing tag: Attribute
'productContent' not found.
        at
org.apache.tiles.jsp.taglib.RoleSecurityTagSupport.doEndTag(RoleSecurityTagS
upport.java:80)
        at
org.apache.tiles.jsp.taglib.ContainerTagSupport.doEndTag(ContainerTagSupport
.java:80)
        at
org.apache.jsp.productNavLayout_jsp._jspx_meth_tiles_005finsertAttribute_005
f2(productNavLayout_jsp.java:170)

But, as you can see, the page.products definition defines productContent
directly.

Any ides what is going on here?