tiles-users mailing list archives

From "Antonio Petrelli" <antonio.petre...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Tiles documentation
Date Fri, 15 Jun 2007 06:59:51 GMT
2007/6/14, Ray Clough <rcclough@kamakuraco.com>:

> It seems to me that the config info at
> http://tiles.apache.org/tutorial/configuration.html is incomplete and in
> error.  1)  There is no filter-mapping or servlet-mapping specified.

It is not necessary. The TilesServlet is not a  request/response servlet,
but only a startup servlet. What I mean is that it is needed to initialize
Tiles, not to serve requests.

  2) the tiles definition files are specified both for the servlet and the
> filter.  There is no statement about using one or the other.  The only
> other instruction is the alternative of using a context parameter.

Maybe it isn't clear that using a TilesServlet, TilesListener or TilesFilter
are mutually exclusive: use it and discard the others... How do you suggest
to change the sentences?

How is the mapping to be specified.  My guess is that if the filter and
> servlet are mapped to "*.tiles", for example, all forwards to
> "xxx.tiles" will be rendered by Tiles.  Is that correct?  Do both the
> filter and servlet need to be mapped.  If either is not mapped, is it
> actually used?  Must they be mapped to the same value?

I think that you are referring to this:
http://tiles.apache.org/tutorial/advanced/utils.html

Thanks
Antonio

P.S. The Tiles configuration parameter that is used to specify Tiles
definition files in:
http://tiles.apache.org/tutorial/configuration.html
is not correct, I will fix it ASAP.